Delco man killed, son injured in Ocean City fall
OCEAN CITY, Md. - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man has died and his 2-year-old son has been injured after falling from a sea wall in Ocean City, Md
Police say 49-year-old Stephen Richard Ostan of Marcus Hook, Pa., and his son were walking along a retaining wall at the Ocean City inlet on Tuesday afternoon when they fell over the edge together, striking rocks below.
Witnesses told police that a woman climbed down the sea wall and pulled the child off the rocks. The child was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released.
Authorities say a private boat, along with the Ocean City beach patrol and fire department and a boat and crew from Surf Side Parasail helped rescue Ostan. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
pennsylvania, delaware county, new jersey, ocean city, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 47 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 21 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 4 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 31 min ago
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 31 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 59 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
47 min ago