3 injured in dirt bike, car collision in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are investigating an accident involving a dirt bike and a car.
The crash occurred shortly before 8:30 p.m. at 7th and Tatnall streets.
Police say the operator of the bike, described as a 21-year-old man, was travelling east on 7th street when his bike collided with a car that was heading south on Tatnall.
The cyclist suffered injuries to his head and hands.
Medics responded and transported the cyclist to Christiana Hospital for care.
Two occupants of the car suffered minor injuries and were transported to St. Francis Hospital for care.
Officers say off-road unregistered motorbikes have posed a major problem for police this summer.
There is no word on any charges at this time.
delaware, wilmington, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Bear spotted in Bucks County 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list