Prosecution wraps in tattoo artist child sex case
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for a suburban Philadelphia tattoo artist charged with sex crimes involving more than a dozen children are set to begin presenting their defense.
The prosecution wrapped up its case against Walter Meyerle on Thursday.
Meyerle's attorneys can begin their defense on Friday, although it may not take long. The defense has opted for the judge to review evidence and issue a verdict that could be appealed based on pretrial rulings.
Over four days Bucks County prosecutor Jennifer Schorn presented to the court victim testimony, a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Authorities say Meyerle, of Falls Township, traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl last year, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, sex assault, sex offenders, bucks county, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 36 min ago
- Sinkhole opens up on North Liberties street 3 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's