Prosecution wraps in tattoo artist child sex case
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Attorneys for a suburban Philadelphia tattoo artist charged with sex crimes involving more than a dozen children are set to begin presenting their defense.
The prosecution wrapped up its case against Walter Meyerle on Thursday.
Meyerle's attorneys can begin their defense on Friday, although it may not take long. The defense has opted for the judge to review evidence and issue a verdict that could be appealed based on pretrial rulings.
Over four days Bucks County prosecutor Jennifer Schorn presented to the court victim testimony, a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Authorities say Meyerle, of Falls Township, traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl last year, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, sex assault, sex offenders, bucks county, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 27 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 37 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 36 min ago