Atlantic City hosts "Thunder Over the Boardwalk" airshow
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Most eyes will be on the sky over Atlantic City for a free airshow Friday.
"Thunder Over the Boardwalk" will feature an appearance by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds jet team.
The show in previous years had taken place during the middle of the week as a way to boost tourism. However, the day was shifted to Friday this year to accommodate the Thunderbirds.
The U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team is scheduled to land in front of Boardwalk Hall.
The airshow will be visible from Brigantine to Ventnor.
It's scheduled to take place from 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
atlantic city, new jersey, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes 1 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 17 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands