Atlantic City hosts "Thunder Over the Boardwalk" airshow
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Most eyes will be on the sky over Atlantic City for a free airshow Friday.
"Thunder Over the Boardwalk" will feature an appearance by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds jet team.
The show in previous years had taken place during the middle of the week as a way to boost tourism. However, the day was shifted to Friday this year to accommodate the Thunderbirds.
The U.S. Army Golden Knights parachute team is scheduled to land in front of Boardwalk Hall.
The airshow will be visible from Brigantine to Ventnor.
It's scheduled to take place from 10:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
atlantic city, new jersey, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 4 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 3 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest