Large shark caught in south Jersey
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Witnesses say a man in a kayak hauled in a big shark about 200 yards off a New Jersey beach.
The man brought the shark, believed to be a 6-foot Thresher, ashore at the 58th Street beach in Ocean City Wednesday night.
Teddy Lyons tells WMGM-TV the man often kayaks with a bucket of chum and usually catches smaller brown sharks.
After taking some pictures, the shark was released back into the ocean.
Thresher sharks are not known to attack people.
Information from: WMGM-TV, http://www.nbc40.net
ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 59 min ago
- Record Warmth! 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 16 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Record Warmth!
56 min ago