Large shark caught in south Jersey
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Witnesses say a man in a kayak hauled in a big shark about 200 yards off a New Jersey beach.
The man brought the shark, believed to be a 6-foot Thresher, ashore at the 58th Street beach in Ocean City Wednesday night.
Teddy Lyons tells WMGM-TV the man often kayaks with a bucket of chum and usually catches smaller brown sharks.
After taking some pictures, the shark was released back into the ocean.
Thresher sharks are not known to attack people.
Information from: WMGM-TV, http://www.nbc40.net
ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 44 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos