Large shark caught in south Jersey
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Witnesses say a man in a kayak hauled in a big shark about 200 yards off a New Jersey beach.
The man brought the shark, believed to be a 6-foot Thresher, ashore at the 58th Street beach in Ocean City Wednesday night.
Teddy Lyons tells WMGM-TV the man often kayaks with a bucket of chum and usually catches smaller brown sharks.
After taking some pictures, the shark was released back into the ocean.
Thresher sharks are not known to attack people.
Information from: WMGM-TV, http://www.nbc40.net
ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos