Large shark caught in south Jersey
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Witnesses say a man in a kayak hauled in a big shark about 200 yards off a New Jersey beach.
The man brought the shark, believed to be a 6-foot Thresher, ashore at the 58th Street beach in Ocean City Wednesday night.
Teddy Lyons tells WMGM-TV the man often kayaks with a bucket of chum and usually catches smaller brown sharks.
After taking some pictures, the shark was released back into the ocean.
Thresher sharks are not known to attack people.
Information from: WMGM-TV, http://www.nbc40.net
ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 21 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ