Arrest made in theft of Philadelphia police tow truck
JUNIATA PARK - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was arrested in Juniata Park Friday after allegedly stealing a Philadelphia police tow truck from its lot in Hunting Park.
The incident occurred at around 10:30 a.m. when the tow truck was stolen from its lot at Whitacker and MaCalester Streets.
Police were able to locate the truck and the suspect on the 4200 block of Bennington Street a short distance away.
There is no word on how the suspect gained access to the police lot or to the vehicle.
philadelphia, hunting park, juniata park, police, theft, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 56 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 56 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 9 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 33 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 25 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 2 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm