Arrest made in theft of Philadelphia police tow truck
JUNIATA PARK - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was arrested in Juniata Park Friday after allegedly stealing a Philadelphia police tow truck from its lot in Hunting Park.
The incident occurred at around 10:30 a.m. when the tow truck was stolen from its lot at Whitacker and MaCalester Streets.
Police were able to locate the truck and the suspect on the 4200 block of Bennington Street a short distance away.
There is no word on how the suspect gained access to the police lot or to the vehicle.
philadelphia, hunting park, juniata park, police, theft, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen