Arrest made in theft of Philadelphia police tow truck
JUNIATA PARK - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was arrested in Juniata Park Friday after allegedly stealing a Philadelphia police tow truck from its lot in Hunting Park.
The incident occurred at around 10:30 a.m. when the tow truck was stolen from its lot at Whitacker and MaCalester Streets.
Police were able to locate the truck and the suspect on the 4200 block of Bennington Street a short distance away.
There is no word on how the suspect gained access to the police lot or to the vehicle.
philadelphia, hunting park, juniata park, police, theft, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 9 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 42 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 7 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 35 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 4 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 16 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
42 min ago