Arrest made in theft of Philadelphia police tow truck
JUNIATA PARK - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was arrested in Juniata Park Friday after allegedly stealing a Philadelphia police tow truck from its lot in Hunting Park.
The incident occurred at around 10:30 a.m. when the tow truck was stolen from its lot at Whitacker and MaCalester Streets.
Police were able to locate the truck and the suspect on the 4200 block of Bennington Street a short distance away.
There is no word on how the suspect gained access to the police lot or to the vehicle.
philadelphia, hunting park, juniata park, police, theft, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 3 min ago
- Milder Monday 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 3 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 3 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 3 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
43 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
3 min ago