Montco theater searched after bomb threat tied to film
WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bomb threat associated with a new film prompted police to evacuate and search a movie theater in West Pottsgrove Township, Pa. Friday morning.
Police say someone phoned in a threat to the corporate headquarters of Carmike Cinemas in Ohio.
The caller said bombs placed at several Carmike theaters around the country would explode at the start of the 1:00 p.m. showing the new film "Expendables 2."
Workers at the Carmike theater in West Pottsgrove phoned police this morning after they were notified of the threat by their corporate office.
West Pottsgrove Township Police evacuated the theater at 10:30 a.m. and searched the building.
Nothing was found, and workers were allowed back in just after 1:00 p.m.
The film is now being shown as scheduled. Police remain at the theater as a precaution.
pennsylvania, movies, bomb scare, montgomery county, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 31 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 52 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 54 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 34 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 57 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 44 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Video: Pa. contender in Sriracha search for new home 24 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
31 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
22 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
52 min ago