Montco theater searched after bomb threat tied to film
WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bomb threat associated with a new film prompted police to evacuate and search a movie theater in West Pottsgrove Township, Pa. Friday morning.
Police say someone phoned in a threat to the corporate headquarters of Carmike Cinemas in Ohio.
The caller said bombs placed at several Carmike theaters around the country would explode at the start of the 1:00 p.m. showing the new film "Expendables 2."
Workers at the Carmike theater in West Pottsgrove phoned police this morning after they were notified of the threat by their corporate office.
West Pottsgrove Township Police evacuated the theater at 10:30 a.m. and searched the building.
Nothing was found, and workers were allowed back in just after 1:00 p.m.
The film is now being shown as scheduled. Police remain at the theater as a precaution.
pennsylvania, movies, bomb scare, montgomery county, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 3 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 58 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 15 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
3 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
58 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
15 min ago