Man wounded in Olney bar shooting
OLNEY - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is recovering after being shot by a friend inside a bar in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. at Banana's Bar and Lounge in the 5500 block of Rising Sun Avenue.
Police say the victim and his friend were playing with a gun when it went off.
The victim, a 33-year-old man, was treated and released from the hospital.
There was no word on if the friend would be charged with a crime.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 7 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names released of Oklahoma tornado victims 29 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 58 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 57 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 11 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
58 min ago
- Names released of Oklahoma tornado victims
29 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
11 min ago