Man wounded in Olney bar shooting
OLNEY - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is recovering after being shot by a friend inside a bar in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. at Banana's Bar and Lounge in the 5500 block of Rising Sun Avenue.
Police say the victim and his friend were playing with a gun when it went off.
The victim, a 33-year-old man, was treated and released from the hospital.
There was no word on if the friend would be charged with a crime.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 24 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos