Man wounded in Olney bar shooting
OLNEY - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is recovering after being shot by a friend inside a bar in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. at Banana's Bar and Lounge in the 5500 block of Rising Sun Avenue.
Police say the victim and his friend were playing with a gun when it went off.
The victim, a 33-year-old man, was treated and released from the hospital.
There was no word on if the friend would be charged with a crime.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 29 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 56 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 50 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 48 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
50 min ago