Man wounded in Olney bar shooting
OLNEY - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is recovering after being shot by a friend inside a bar in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. at Banana's Bar and Lounge in the 5500 block of Rising Sun Avenue.
Police say the victim and his friend were playing with a gun when it went off.
The victim, a 33-year-old man, was treated and released from the hospital.
There was no word on if the friend would be charged with a crime.
philadelphia, olney, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 33 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 12 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 28 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
33 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos