Coast Guard rescues 2 people in Cape May Co.
LOWER TWP., N.J. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people have been rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard in Cape May County after their sailboat capsized in the Delaware Bay Friday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 230 this afternoon in the bay off Avalon Road.
Officials say a sailboat capsized in the water. One person was able to get to shore and get help.
But a 50-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman were missing.
Coast guard boats and a helicopter searched the area for about two hours until both were found safely.
Both are reported to be doing fine.
u.s. coast guard, water rescue, cape may county, new jersey, local/state
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail 20 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 39 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Tonight at 11: Are undercover stings...
32 min ago