Relatives search for elderly man missing for a week
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Collingdale Police are asking for the public's help locating an elderly man who has been missing since August 10th.
Relatives say 79-year-old William Cahill left his home and has not been heard from since last week.
Neighbors say they saw Cahill getting into an unknown car on Friday, August 10th around 5:00pm.
He is described as a white male, around 5'7" tall, with gray hair, brown eyes, weighing around 230 pounds. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans and thick glasses.
Relatives say he was carrying his wallet and cash, but all of his medications were left behind. They say he is in the early stages of dementia and has other health issues that require medication.
Police say there has been no activity on his accounts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Collingdale Police at 610-586-0502.
missing person, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 44 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 43 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 8 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 24 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
32 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
25 min ago