Relatives search for elderly man missing for a week
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Collingdale Police are asking for the public's help locating an elderly man who has been missing since August 10th.
Relatives say 79-year-old William Cahill left his home and has not been heard from since last week.
Neighbors say they saw Cahill getting into an unknown car on Friday, August 10th around 5:00pm.
He is described as a white male, around 5'7" tall, with gray hair, brown eyes, weighing around 230 pounds. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans and thick glasses.
Relatives say he was carrying his wallet and cash, but all of his medications were left behind. They say he is in the early stages of dementia and has other health issues that require medication.
Police say there has been no activity on his accounts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Collingdale Police at 610-586-0502.
missing person, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 57 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 57 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
57 min ago