CVS employee robbed of night deposits
PHILADELPHIA - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are searching for a man who robbed a CVS employee in Kensington Friday night.
Police say the 55-year-old woman was preparing to make a night deposit at a bank near the CVS store in the 2600 block of East Cumberland Street when a man came up behind her and snatched the bag.
Officials say there may have been over $20,000 in cash in the bag.
They say the man was last seen getting into a dark colored Chevy Suburban.
The incident is under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
cvs, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 25 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 59 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 58 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
45 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos