Passenger stabbed in the face on SEPTA bus
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a stabbing on a SEPTA bus in Southwest Philadelphia that left a passenger seriously injured.
It happened around 12:15 Saturday morning on the Route 52 bus near the intersection of 54th Street and Springfield Avenue.
Authorities are not sure what sparked the stabbing but say the man was stabbed in the face.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - no word on his condition.
A SEPTA spokesperson told Action News that surveillance video from the bus was provided to police.
Philadelphia and SEPTA police are investigating.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, SEPTA, stabbing, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Skippack 47 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos