Passenger stabbed in the face on SEPTA bus
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a stabbing on a SEPTA bus in Southwest Philadelphia that left a passenger seriously injured.
It happened around 12:15 Saturday morning on the Route 52 bus near the intersection of 54th Street and Springfield Avenue.
Authorities are not sure what sparked the stabbing but say the man was stabbed in the face.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - no word on his condition.
A SEPTA spokesperson told Action News that surveillance video from the bus was provided to police.
Philadelphia and SEPTA police are investigating.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, SEPTA, stabbing, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 50 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 51 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 43 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
50 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
43 min ago