Fire truck stolen while AC firefighters at work
ATLANTIC CITY - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City police are searching for the person responsible for taking a fire truck while firefighters worked to free patrons trapped in an elevator.
Around 4:00 a.m., firefighters from Engine 7 were called to rescue several people trapped in an elevator at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino.
Hotel security reported at least a dozen people stuck inside on the fourth floor.
Firefighters were able to free the patrons within 20 minutes.
While fire crews worked, someone jumped into the truck and drove it about a block away before leaving it unattended.
Officials were able to recover the truck undamaged.
Police are still investigating. So far no word on any suspects or arrests.
new jersey, atlantic city, theft, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after shooting in SW Phila. 2 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 12 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos