Fire truck stolen while AC firefighters at work
ATLANTIC CITY - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City police are searching for the person responsible for taking a fire truck while firefighters worked to free patrons trapped in an elevator.
Around 4:00 a.m., firefighters from Engine 7 were called to rescue several people trapped in an elevator at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino.
Hotel security reported at least a dozen people stuck inside on the fourth floor.
Firefighters were able to free the patrons within 20 minutes.
While fire crews worked, someone jumped into the truck and drove it about a block away before leaving it unattended.
Officials were able to recover the truck undamaged.
Police are still investigating. So far no word on any suspects or arrests.
new jersey, atlantic city, theft, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases