Fire truck stolen while AC firefighters at work
ATLANTIC CITY - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City police are searching for the person responsible for taking a fire truck while firefighters worked to free patrons trapped in an elevator.
Around 4:00 a.m., firefighters from Engine 7 were called to rescue several people trapped in an elevator at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino.
Hotel security reported at least a dozen people stuck inside on the fourth floor.
Firefighters were able to free the patrons within 20 minutes.
While fire crews worked, someone jumped into the truck and drove it about a block away before leaving it unattended.
Officials were able to recover the truck undamaged.
Police are still investigating. So far no word on any suspects or arrests.
new jersey, atlantic city, theft, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 37 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 33 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 28 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million