Fire truck stolen while AC firefighters at work
ATLANTIC CITY - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Atlantic City police are searching for the person responsible for taking a fire truck while firefighters worked to free patrons trapped in an elevator.
Around 4:00 a.m., firefighters from Engine 7 were called to rescue several people trapped in an elevator at the Tropicana Hotel and Casino.
Hotel security reported at least a dozen people stuck inside on the fourth floor.
Firefighters were able to free the patrons within 20 minutes.
While fire crews worked, someone jumped into the truck and drove it about a block away before leaving it unattended.
Officials were able to recover the truck undamaged.
Police are still investigating. So far no word on any suspects or arrests.
new jersey, atlantic city, theft, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 30 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 9 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 25 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
30 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos