Del. fire crews battle brush fire north of Wilm.
WILMINGTON, Del. - August 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters in Delaware are fighting brush fires along an estimated mile-and-a-half stretch of train tracks running parallel to I-95 South near Marsh Road.
Firefighters were dispatched shortly before 4:00 p.m. and are reporting the bulk of the fire north of Marsh Road has been knocked down.
Officials say they are tackling the area south of Marsh Road.
The brush fire is burning just north of Wilmington city limits.
brush fire, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 25 min ago
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
45 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
25 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
13 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos