2 emergency landings in 2 days at Newark Int'l
NEWARK, N.J. - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- For the second time in as many days, a flight had to make an emergency landing in Newark, New Jersey.
The Seattle bound plane returned to the airport after possible smoke in the cabin and cockpit Sunday.
There were no reports of injuries.
Saturday night, another United Airlines flight had to turn around after experiencing problems.
The FAA says one of the engines overheated while taking off for Germany.
Some of the 173 people on board reported seeing flames shooting out of it.
The flight landed safely.
emergency landing, air travel, airline security, newark, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 13 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 3 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!