2 emergency landings in 2 days at Newark Int'l
NEWARK, N.J. - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- For the second time in as many days, a flight had to make an emergency landing in Newark, New Jersey.
The Seattle bound plane returned to the airport after possible smoke in the cabin and cockpit Sunday.
There were no reports of injuries.
Saturday night, another United Airlines flight had to turn around after experiencing problems.
The FAA says one of the engines overheated while taking off for Germany.
Some of the 173 people on board reported seeing flames shooting out of it.
The flight landed safely.
emergency landing, air travel, airline security, newark, new jersey, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 10 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier