2 emergency landings in 2 days at Newark Int'l
NEWARK, N.J. - August 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- For the second time in as many days, a flight had to make an emergency landing in Newark, New Jersey.
The Seattle bound plane returned to the airport after possible smoke in the cabin and cockpit Sunday.
There were no reports of injuries.
Saturday night, another United Airlines flight had to turn around after experiencing problems.
The FAA says one of the engines overheated while taking off for Germany.
Some of the 173 people on board reported seeing flames shooting out of it.
The flight landed safely.
emergency landing, air travel, airline security, newark, new jersey, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases