Pa. tattoo artist guilty of 170 sex charges
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County judge has found Falls Township tattoo artist Walter Meyerle guilty of 170 sex-related charges.
Judge Diane Gibbons announced her verdict Tuesday afternoon.
Meyerle, 35, presented no defense after prosecutors wrapped up their case last week.
Over four days Bucks County prosecutor Jennifer Schorn presented to the court victim testimony, a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Authorities say Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl last year, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges.
Meyerle requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
A sentencing date has not been set pending a Megan's Law evaluation.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 25 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 55 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 53 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 58 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber