Pa. tattoo artist guilty of 170 sex charges
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County judge has found Falls Township tattoo artist Walter Meyerle guilty of 170 sex-related charges.
Judge Diane Gibbons announced her verdict Tuesday afternoon.
Meyerle, 35, presented no defense after prosecutors wrapped up their case last week.
Over four days Bucks County prosecutor Jennifer Schorn presented to the court victim testimony, a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Authorities say Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl last year, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges.
Meyerle requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
A sentencing date has not been set pending a Megan's Law evaluation.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 16 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 57 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
36 min ago