Pa. tattoo artist guilty of 170 sex charges
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Bucks County judge has found Falls Township tattoo artist Walter Meyerle guilty of 170 sex-related charges.
Judge Diane Gibbons announced her verdict Tuesday afternoon.
Meyerle, 35, presented no defense after prosecutors wrapped up their case last week.
Over four days Bucks County prosecutor Jennifer Schorn presented to the court victim testimony, a child pornography collection allegedly seized from Meyerle's home and text messages he allegedly exchanged with one teen.
Authorities say Meyerle traded a tattoo for sex with a 15-year-old girl last year, sparking an investigation that led to additional charges.
Meyerle requested a stipulated waiver trial at which prosecution evidence is put on the record and a judge determines the verdict.
A sentencing date has not been set pending a Megan's Law evaluation.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, bucks county, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 1 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 31 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 32 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 33 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
31 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight...
33 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
32 min ago