Police: Son, 51, tried to kill parents
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Lehigh Valley man is accused of trying to kill his elderly parents early Tuesday morning.
Bethlehem police say when they responded to an alarm at Ralph and Shirley Lindgren's home on East Wall Street just after midnight, they ran into the couple's son, Michael.
The 51-year-old man was reportedly covered in blood.
Police say he told officers he "had to kill them".
When police went inside, they found the couple beaten unconscious, but alive.
Both are in critical condition with severe head injuries.
Michael Lindgren will be arraigned Monday on two counts of attempted homicide and other charges.
pennsylvania, bethlehem, lehigh county, beating, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 30 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7