6-inch water main bursts in Kensington
KENSINGTON - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Water Department crews are working to repair a water main break in Kensington.
A 6-inch main broke early Tuesday evening in the 3500 block of Stouton Street.
The utility tells Action News forty customers are without water.
A number of residents are reporting water in their basements.
So far no word how long the repair may take.
philadelphia, water main break, kensington, local/state
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 3 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 14 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos