Convicted killer to be sentenced Sept. 17
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man convicted of raping and murdering a college student in 2005 is scheduled to be sentenced.
Forty-one-year-old James E. Cooke Jr. could be sentenced to death for killing University of Delaware student Lindsey Bonistall. A jury recommended that Cooke receive the death penalty.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that sentencing is set for Sept. 17 by Superior Court Judge Charles H. Toliver IV. Toliver is not required to follow the jury's recommendation.
rape, homicide, sentencing, delaware, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 47 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 14 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Video: Beating turns dropout into genius 51 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
47 min ago