Convicted killer to be sentenced Sept. 17
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man convicted of raping and murdering a college student in 2005 is scheduled to be sentenced.
Forty-one-year-old James E. Cooke Jr. could be sentenced to death for killing University of Delaware student Lindsey Bonistall. A jury recommended that Cooke receive the death penalty.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that sentencing is set for Sept. 17 by Superior Court Judge Charles H. Toliver IV. Toliver is not required to follow the jury's recommendation.
rape, homicide, sentencing, delaware, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 31 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 13 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 52 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
8 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
31 min ago