Man accused of sex assault on NJ-bound flight
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -Auigust 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman during a cross-country flight is facing arraignment.
Bawer Aksal is due in federal court in Newark Wednesday.The U.S. Attorney's Office says the 48-year-old North Bergen resident was sitting in the middle seat on a flight from Phoenix to Newark Monday night when he assaulted the woman who was sitting in the window seat.
According to the complaint, Aksal slipped one hand into the woman's blouse and another into her shorts. Authorities say a passenger in the aisle seat noticed the incident and offered to help the woman, who reported it to flight personnel. Aksal allegedly told law enforcement officers in Newark that the woman forced his hand into her shorts.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
sex assault, newark, new jersey, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 1 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
6abc.com News Links