Man accused of sex assault on NJ-bound flight
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -Auigust 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman during a cross-country flight is facing arraignment.
Bawer Aksal is due in federal court in Newark Wednesday.The U.S. Attorney's Office says the 48-year-old North Bergen resident was sitting in the middle seat on a flight from Phoenix to Newark Monday night when he assaulted the woman who was sitting in the window seat.
According to the complaint, Aksal slipped one hand into the woman's blouse and another into her shorts. Authorities say a passenger in the aisle seat noticed the incident and offered to help the woman, who reported it to flight personnel. Aksal allegedly told law enforcement officers in Newark that the woman forced his hand into her shorts.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
sex assault, newark, new jersey, local/state
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 34 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 35 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos