Man accused of sex assault on NJ-bound flight
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -Auigust 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man accused of sexually assaulting a sleeping woman during a cross-country flight is facing arraignment.
Bawer Aksal is due in federal court in Newark Wednesday.The U.S. Attorney's Office says the 48-year-old North Bergen resident was sitting in the middle seat on a flight from Phoenix to Newark Monday night when he assaulted the woman who was sitting in the window seat.
According to the complaint, Aksal slipped one hand into the woman's blouse and another into her shorts. Authorities say a passenger in the aisle seat noticed the incident and offered to help the woman, who reported it to flight personnel. Aksal allegedly told law enforcement officers in Newark that the woman forced his hand into her shorts.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
sex assault, newark, new jersey, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 10 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 9 min ago
6abc.com News Links