Dozens arrested in drug sweep near Pa. colleges (PHOTOS)
WEST GOSHEN TWP, Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of people have been arrested in a drug sweep near several colleges in our area.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly announced the arrests following a sweep Wednesday morning in Chester County.
PHOTOS of the suspects: WEBSITE and IPAD VISITORS | WIRELESS VISITORS
Investigators say the suspects were dealing prescriptions drugs, including oxycodone, along with cocaine and marijuana near Temple University, West Chester University and Cheyney University.
Kelly said the arrests were the result of an eight month long investigation.
The grand jury found that 33-year-old Thomas Donnelly, of Exton, was a central figure in the organization, Kelly said. Prosecutors believe Donnelly was making about $3,000 a week through the drug ring, by distributing drugs to dealers and buyers throughout Philadelphia along with Chester and Montgomery counties and in Delaware. Grand jurors looked through hours of video and audio surveillance evidence during the case.
A total of 25 people were charged in this case.
pennsylvania, chester county, delaware county, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ