Dozens arrested in drug sweep near Pa. colleges (PHOTOS)
WEST GOSHEN TWP, Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of people have been arrested in a drug sweep near several colleges in our area.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly announced the arrests following a sweep Wednesday morning in Chester County.
PHOTOS of the suspects: WEBSITE and IPAD VISITORS | WIRELESS VISITORS
Investigators say the suspects were dealing prescriptions drugs, including oxycodone, along with cocaine and marijuana near Temple University, West Chester University and Cheyney University.
Kelly said the arrests were the result of an eight month long investigation.
The grand jury found that 33-year-old Thomas Donnelly, of Exton, was a central figure in the organization, Kelly said. Prosecutors believe Donnelly was making about $3,000 a week through the drug ring, by distributing drugs to dealers and buyers throughout Philadelphia along with Chester and Montgomery counties and in Delaware. Grand jurors looked through hours of video and audio surveillance evidence during the case.
A total of 25 people were charged in this case.
pennsylvania, chester county, delaware county, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 12 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list