Dozens arrested in drug sweep near Pa. colleges (PHOTOS)
WEST GOSHEN TWP, Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of people have been arrested in a drug sweep near several colleges in our area.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly announced the arrests following a sweep Wednesday morning in Chester County.
PHOTOS of the suspects: WEBSITE and IPAD VISITORS | WIRELESS VISITORS
Investigators say the suspects were dealing prescriptions drugs, including oxycodone, along with cocaine and marijuana near Temple University, West Chester University and Cheyney University.
Kelly said the arrests were the result of an eight month long investigation.
The grand jury found that 33-year-old Thomas Donnelly, of Exton, was a central figure in the organization, Kelly said. Prosecutors believe Donnelly was making about $3,000 a week through the drug ring, by distributing drugs to dealers and buyers throughout Philadelphia along with Chester and Montgomery counties and in Delaware. Grand jurors looked through hours of video and audio surveillance evidence during the case.
A total of 25 people were charged in this case.
pennsylvania, chester county, delaware county, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 52 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 9 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 43 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 55 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
18 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
52 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
43 min ago