Dozens arrested in drug sweep near Pa. colleges (PHOTOS)
WEST GOSHEN TWP, Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of people have been arrested in a drug sweep near several colleges in our area.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly announced the arrests following a sweep Wednesday morning in Chester County.
PHOTOS of the suspects: WEBSITE and IPAD VISITORS | WIRELESS VISITORS
Investigators say the suspects were dealing prescriptions drugs, including oxycodone, along with cocaine and marijuana near Temple University, West Chester University and Cheyney University.
Kelly said the arrests were the result of an eight month long investigation.
The grand jury found that 33-year-old Thomas Donnelly, of Exton, was a central figure in the organization, Kelly said. Prosecutors believe Donnelly was making about $3,000 a week through the drug ring, by distributing drugs to dealers and buyers throughout Philadelphia along with Chester and Montgomery counties and in Delaware. Grand jurors looked through hours of video and audio surveillance evidence during the case.
A total of 25 people were charged in this case.
pennsylvania, chester county, delaware county, montgomery county, drugs, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr