2 in custody after jewelry heist at King of Prussia Mall
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that investigators appear to have caught a break following Wednesday's smash-and-grab robbery at the King of Prussia Mall.
Two persons of interest were taken into custody Thursday in Philadelphia.
Sources say the two had a number of expensive jewelry items in their possession when they are apprehended.
Investigators are now working to see if the pair is linked to Wednesday's robbery at Tourneau, Inc., a fine watch store located in the Plaza at the King of Prussia Mall.
It happened just before 3:00 p.m.
Upper Merion Police say three men walked into the store and threatened the security guard with a small sledge hammer.
One man then used the hammer to smash the glass display cases. The other two removed numerous watches from the cases. All three then fled.
Police say the robbery lasted less than 20 seconds.
No one was hurt.
The same store was robbed last summer in a similar kind of heist.
It happened on July 13th, 2011.
The thieves in that heist got away with 18 Rolex watches worth $576,700 after ordering people to the ground and smashing a case with a hammer.
Upper Merion Police ask that anyone with information on Wednesday's robbery call detectives at 610-265-3232.
pennsylvania, jewelry, robbery, montgomery county, king of prussia, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos