2 in custody after jewelry heist at King of Prussia Mall
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that investigators appear to have caught a break following Wednesday's smash-and-grab robbery at the King of Prussia Mall.
Two persons of interest were taken into custody Thursday in Philadelphia.
Sources say the two had a number of expensive jewelry items in their possession when they are apprehended.
Investigators are now working to see if the pair is linked to Wednesday's robbery at Tourneau, Inc., a fine watch store located in the Plaza at the King of Prussia Mall.
It happened just before 3:00 p.m.
Upper Merion Police say three men walked into the store and threatened the security guard with a small sledge hammer.
One man then used the hammer to smash the glass display cases. The other two removed numerous watches from the cases. All three then fled.
Police say the robbery lasted less than 20 seconds.
No one was hurt.
The same store was robbed last summer in a similar kind of heist.
It happened on July 13th, 2011.
The thieves in that heist got away with 18 Rolex watches worth $576,700 after ordering people to the ground and smashing a case with a hammer.
Upper Merion Police ask that anyone with information on Wednesday's robbery call detectives at 610-265-3232.
pennsylvania, jewelry, robbery, montgomery county, king of prussia, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
18 min ago