9-year-old seriously burned in kitchen fire
PENN TWP., Pa. - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman and her 9-year-old son are hospitalized after cooking oil caught fire in the kitchen of their home Wednesday afternoon.
Officials say the fire was reported shortly before 5:30 p.m. in the 100 block of Arboretum Road in Penn Township, Berks County.
They say the young boy suffered serious burns to his legs and was flown to an area hospital for treatment.
No word on the mother's condition.
fire, berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 20 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 23 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos