Woman shot sitting outside S. Phila. house
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - August 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a 19-year-old woman sitting outside a South Philadelphia house early Thursday morning.
The shooting happened just before 1:00 a.m. on the 2200 block of McKean Street.
Officials say the woman was sitting with a friend outside a house when she was shot in the leg.
The victim was rushed to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police believe two men in a nearby car were the intended targets.
The suspect fled the scene and officials are trying to determine the motive.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 54 min ago