I-76 clear following early crash at RT 1
PHILADELPHIA - August 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Schuylkill Expressway has reopened after a multi-vehicle accident shutdown all eastbound lanes at Route 1 this morning.
The collision occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. Thursday on I-76 near Exit 340 (Roosevelt Boulevard).
The accident involved two tractor-trailers and three passenger vehicles.
It took emergency crews about an hour to clear the scene, and though the roadway has reopened, eastbound motorists should still expect major delays.
There is no word at this time on any injuries, nor on what led to the accident.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case 7 min ago
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 4 min ago
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 33 min ago
- Wilmington boy reported missing found safe
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 7 min ago
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Public hearing underway on city demo procedures 11 min ago
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 43 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
7 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
8 min ago