I-76 clear following early crash at RT 1
PHILADELPHIA - August 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Schuylkill Expressway has reopened after a multi-vehicle accident shutdown all eastbound lanes at Route 1 this morning.
The collision occurred shortly after 8:00 a.m. Thursday on I-76 near Exit 340 (Roosevelt Boulevard).
The accident involved two tractor-trailers and three passenger vehicles.
It took emergency crews about an hour to clear the scene, and though the roadway has reopened, eastbound motorists should still expect major delays.
There is no word at this time on any injuries, nor on what led to the accident.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave.