Car carrier fire on leads to backup on PA Turnpike
CHARLESTOWN TWP., Pa. - August 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A car carrier fire caused major delays Thursday on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Chester County.
The fire was reported in the westbound lanes of the turnpike in Charlestown Township just after 3:00 p.m.
State police say a car carrier caught fire, damaging the carrier and at least three cars on it.
The fire was placed under control just before 4:00 p.m.
All lanes were closed until around 5:30 p.m.
There are no reports of injuries.
pennsylvania, chester county, fire, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 16 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 8 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 55 min ago
- Temps Soar