Car carrier fire on leads to backup on PA Turnpike
CHARLESTOWN TWP., Pa. - August 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A car carrier fire caused major delays Thursday on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Chester County.
The fire was reported in the westbound lanes of the turnpike in Charlestown Township just after 3:00 p.m.
State police say a car carrier caught fire, damaging the carrier and at least three cars on it.
The fire was placed under control just before 4:00 p.m.
All lanes were closed until around 5:30 p.m.
There are no reports of injuries.
pennsylvania, chester county, fire, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 10 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
22 min ago