Worker dead after 8-story fall in Center City
CENTER CITY - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A construction worker has died after falling eight stories on Friday morning in Center City Philadelphia.
The accident happened at 10th and Sansom streets at 10:25 a.m.
Investigators say the 39-year-old worker apparently slipped and fell.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital just minutes later.
An investigation continues into the circumstances of this incident.
The name of the worker who died has not been released. However, OSHA investigators say he worked for Palmer Masonry Restoration.
philadelphia, center city, industrial accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
16 min ago