Worker dead after 8-story fall in Center City
CENTER CITY - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A construction worker has died after falling eight stories on Friday morning in Center City Philadelphia.
The accident happened at 10th and Sansom streets at 10:25 a.m.
Investigators say the 39-year-old worker apparently slipped and fell.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital just minutes later.
An investigation continues into the circumstances of this incident.
The name of the worker who died has not been released. However, OSHA investigators say he worked for Palmer Masonry Restoration.
philadelphia, center city, industrial accident, local/state
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 17 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank 48 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Down At The Shore