Water main break cuts service to 50 homes in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents in one Port Richmond neighborhood were coping with a water main break Friday.
The 6-inch main broke Friday morning on Salmon Street near the intersection of Ontario Street.
About fifty homes on the north side of Ontario were without water.
Philadelphia Water Department crews were working to repair the broken main.
The utility said it hoped to have water service restored by the end of the day.
philadelphia, water main break, port richmond, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 25 min ago
- Pa. Lottery experiencing outages due to weather 13 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton 3 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton 20 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 19 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp....
19 min ago
- Nora Muchanic's noon report from Trenton
20 min ago
- John Rawlins' noon report from E. Norriton
3 min ago