Water main break cuts service to 50 homes in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Residents in one Port Richmond neighborhood were coping with a water main break Friday.
The 6-inch main broke Friday morning on Salmon Street near the intersection of Ontario Street.
About fifty homes on the north side of Ontario were without water.
Philadelphia Water Department crews were working to repair the broken main.
The utility said it hoped to have water service restored by the end of the day.
philadelphia, water main break, port richmond, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ