Pickup truck crashes into parked rig in Delaware, 2 hurt
HOCKESSIN, Del. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a parking lot crash that left two men hospitalized.
It happened at 11:15 a.m. Friday in the parking of the The Well, a store on Lancaster Pike in Hockessin.
Police say a 2000 Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by Loren Salfrank, 62, of Wilmington suddenly accelerated, slamming into the back of a cargo trailer parked at the store's loading dock.
The pickup truck traveled several feet under the trailer, trapping Salfrank and his passenger, 29-year-old Andrew Hoover of Wilmington.
Quick-thinking store employees attached a tow rope to the back of the pickup truck and used another vehicle to pull it out from underneath the trailer rig.
They administered first aid to both men until medics arrived.
Both men were taken to Christiana Hospital Trauma Center, Salfrank by ambulance, Hoover by helicopter.
Both were listed in stable condition with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
Investigators are working to determine what caused the pickup to accelerate, hitting the trailer rig.
No one else was injured.
delaware, accident, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks 17 min ago
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 53 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos 49 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized 9 min ago
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim...
17 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos