SEPTA train hits barrier at Chestnut Hill station, 5 hurt
CHESTNUT HILL - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Five people suffered minor injuries after a SEPTA train hit a barrier in Chestnut Hill.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. Friday at the SEPTA station at Evergreen and Germantown Avenues.
Officials tell Action News that a Chestnut Hill West train was entering the station when it a barrier at the end of the station.
Five people received minor injuries.
The incident is under investigation.
SEPTA said service has not been affected.
philadelphia, accident, train accident, chestnut hill, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire
- Windy And Cool 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 54 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of North Philadelphia high-rise 38 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 16 min ago
- Windy And Cool
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos