SEPTA train hits barrier at Chestnut Hill station, 5 hurt
CHESTNUT HILL - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Five people suffered minor injuries after a SEPTA train hit a barrier in Chestnut Hill.
It happened around 4:00 p.m. Friday at the SEPTA station at Evergreen and Germantown Avenues.
Officials tell Action News that a Chestnut Hill West train was entering the station when it a barrier at the end of the station.
Five people received minor injuries.
The incident is under investigation.
SEPTA said service has not been affected.
philadelphia, accident, train accident, chestnut hill, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 42 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
42 min ago