NJ man builds water park in backyard
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- During the summer people flock to local water parks, but for children in Gloucester Township, the water park has come to them.
Kids near the 300 block of East Front Street in Glendora don't need to look any farther than Mike Palcko's backyard for a fun water park.
"We didn't have much going on back here so he spiced it up that's for sure," said Jennifer Palcko, his wife.
The local contractor worked nights and weekends for two months this summer in order to build a maze of water slides, tubes, buckets, games, and cannons.
"My wife says I'm out of control&a little bit," said Mike.
"He didn't tell me what he was planning but now that it's finished, his creativity is incredible," said Jennifer.
Mike's family and friends are equally as surprised by his creative endeavor.
"He said 'I'm going to make a water park in the backyard' and I said 'what?" said Troy Brocco, his best friend.
Mike located a replacement liner for an above-ground Kayak pool.
"I built a box around it then fitted everything together and laid the water pipes. It's got a filter system, chlorine, the whole nine yards," he said.
It's made mostly from PVC pipes and 55 gallon drums.
"He just comes up with ideas that are crazy. My favorite thing is the swirly slide," said Brenden Palcko, Mike's 7-year-old son.
So what does he have planned for winter? A ski slope perhaps?
"Actually I make snow," Mike responded.
Until Mike's snow falls, the fun times in the Palcko backyard will continue.
new jersey, camden county, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 25 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 20 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 29 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 53 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
1 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
25 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
19 min ago