NJ man builds water park in backyard
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- During the summer people flock to local water parks, but for children in Gloucester Township, the water park has come to them.
Kids near the 300 block of East Front Street in Glendora don't need to look any farther than Mike Palcko's backyard for a fun water park.
"We didn't have much going on back here so he spiced it up that's for sure," said Jennifer Palcko, his wife.
The local contractor worked nights and weekends for two months this summer in order to build a maze of water slides, tubes, buckets, games, and cannons.
"My wife says I'm out of control&a little bit," said Mike.
"He didn't tell me what he was planning but now that it's finished, his creativity is incredible," said Jennifer.
Mike's family and friends are equally as surprised by his creative endeavor.
"He said 'I'm going to make a water park in the backyard' and I said 'what?" said Troy Brocco, his best friend.
Mike located a replacement liner for an above-ground Kayak pool.
"I built a box around it then fitted everything together and laid the water pipes. It's got a filter system, chlorine, the whole nine yards," he said.
It's made mostly from PVC pipes and 55 gallon drums.
"He just comes up with ideas that are crazy. My favorite thing is the swirly slide," said Brenden Palcko, Mike's 7-year-old son.
So what does he have planned for winter? A ski slope perhaps?
"Actually I make snow," Mike responded.
Until Mike's snow falls, the fun times in the Palcko backyard will continue.
new jersey, camden county, local/state, lisa thomas-laury
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.