Residents displaced in AC high rise fire
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Atlantic City are investigating a high-rise fire that has left several residents displaced.
It happened around 5:30 Friday evening on the 100 block of South Rhode Island Avenue.
The flames broke out on the eighth floor of the Metropolitan Place apartment complex.
The fire was brought under control within a short period of time.
No injuries were reported but authorities say a few residents were left displaced.
An investigation into what sparked the blaze continues.
new jersey, atlantic city, fire, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 10 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 49 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 29 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
49 min ago