Residents displaced in AC high rise fire
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Atlantic City are investigating a high-rise fire that has left several residents displaced.
It happened around 5:30 Friday evening on the 100 block of South Rhode Island Avenue.
The flames broke out on the eighth floor of the Metropolitan Place apartment complex.
The fire was brought under control within a short period of time.
No injuries were reported but authorities say a few residents were left displaced.
An investigation into what sparked the blaze continues.
new jersey, atlantic city, fire, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 18 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 46 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos