Youth, 17, shot dead in bedroom of Allentown home
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania have classified as a homicide the death of a youth found shot several times in the bedroom of his Allentown home.
City officials said police and paramedics were called to the row house after 17-year-old Kareem Fedd was found shortly before 4 a.m. Friday.
He was rushed to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest, where he was pronounced dead about a half-hour later.
The county coroner ruled the death of the youth, who would have been a senior a William Allen High School, a homicide due to multiple gunshot wounds.
Investigators could be seen Friday dusting a fire escape and window for fingerprints.
Authorities haven't talked about suspects or a motive, but assistant police chief Joe Hanna said investigators are confident that the shooting wasn't random.
allentown, homicide, shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 58 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 17 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 29 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 25 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
25 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos