Youth, 17, shot dead in bedroom of Allentown home
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania have classified as a homicide the death of a youth found shot several times in the bedroom of his Allentown home.
City officials said police and paramedics were called to the row house after 17-year-old Kareem Fedd was found shortly before 4 a.m. Friday.
He was rushed to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest, where he was pronounced dead about a half-hour later.
The county coroner ruled the death of the youth, who would have been a senior a William Allen High School, a homicide due to multiple gunshot wounds.
Investigators could be seen Friday dusting a fire escape and window for fingerprints.
Authorities haven't talked about suspects or a motive, but assistant police chief Joe Hanna said investigators are confident that the shooting wasn't random.
allentown, homicide, shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos