Del. man arrested after leading police on chase
REHOBOTH, Del. (AP) - August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have charged a man with driving under the influence of alcohol after he allegedly led troopers on a chase in Rehoboth.
It happened about 7 p.m. Friday on Coastal Highway. A trooper stopped a car with expired tags and talked with the driver. When the trooper walked back to the vehicle after checking the driver's license, the driver allegedly sped away.
Troopers say the driver sped and nearly struck several vehicles with troopers in pursuit. The vehicle eventually hit a concrete ditch and support pillar and stopped.
Thirty-five-year-old Cornelius Marchtmon of Rehoboth Beach was charged with DUI and numerous other offenses. He is being held on $5,008 secured bail.
DUI, delaware, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 14 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 2 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 16 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos