Driver sought in deadly Roosevelt Boulevard hit-and-run
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Augsut 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the driver who struck and killed a man on Roosevelt Boulevard.
The call came in shortly after 2:00 a.m. Sunday on the 7700 block of Roosevelt Boulevard near Hartel Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
41-year-old Richard Farrell was crossing the street when he was struck by a 2004-2010 Chrysler 300, travelling northbound.
The driver failed to stop at the scene.
A passing motorist found Farrell lying on the roadway. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the striking vehicle should have substantial damage to the driver's side, including the side view mirror and possibly the hood and windshield.
Anyone with information on the striking vehicle, please contact the Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180 / 3181 or call 911.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 37 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 41 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident 37 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
37 min ago