Driver sought in deadly Roosevelt Boulevard hit-and-run
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Augsut 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the driver who struck and killed a man on Roosevelt Boulevard.
The call came in shortly after 2:00 a.m. Sunday on the 7700 block of Roosevelt Boulevard near Hartel Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
41-year-old Richard Farrell was crossing the street when he was struck by a 2004-2010 Chrysler 300, travelling northbound.
The driver failed to stop at the scene.
A passing motorist found Farrell lying on the roadway. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the striking vehicle should have substantial damage to the driver's side, including the side view mirror and possibly the hood and windshield.
Anyone with information on the striking vehicle, please contact the Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180 / 3181 or call 911.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 45 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 44 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos