Driver sought in deadly Roosevelt Boulevard hit-and-run
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Augsut 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the driver who struck and killed a man on Roosevelt Boulevard.
The call came in shortly after 2:00 a.m. Sunday on the 7700 block of Roosevelt Boulevard near Hartel Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
41-year-old Richard Farrell was crossing the street when he was struck by a 2004-2010 Chrysler 300, travelling northbound.
The driver failed to stop at the scene.
A passing motorist found Farrell lying on the roadway. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the striking vehicle should have substantial damage to the driver's side, including the side view mirror and possibly the hood and windshield.
Anyone with information on the striking vehicle, please contact the Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180 / 3181 or call 911.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 32 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 14 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
9 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
32 min ago