Driver sought in deadly Roosevelt Boulevard hit-and-run
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - Augsut 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the driver who struck and killed a man on Roosevelt Boulevard.
The call came in shortly after 2:00 a.m. Sunday on the 7700 block of Roosevelt Boulevard near Hartel Street in Northeast Philadelphia.
41-year-old Richard Farrell was crossing the street when he was struck by a 2004-2010 Chrysler 300, travelling northbound.
The driver failed to stop at the scene.
A passing motorist found Farrell lying on the roadway. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the striking vehicle should have substantial damage to the driver's side, including the side view mirror and possibly the hood and windshield.
Anyone with information on the striking vehicle, please contact the Accident Investigation Division at 215-685-3180 / 3181 or call 911.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load