Deadly shooting in Logan
LOGAN - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a deadly shooting in Logan.
At approximately 12:53 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a call of a person shot on the 4800 block of North Franklin Street.
Upon their arrival, officers discovered a 20-year-old male shot one time in the abdomen.
Medics transported the male to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Witness told police the 20-year-old was sitting on the steps of a residence when another man walked up and fired two shots at the victim, striking him once.
The 20-year-old victim was pronounced dead a short time later at the hospital.
The identity of the victim is not being released at this time pending family notification.
philadelphia, logan, shooting, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 32 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 17 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 14 min ago
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South...
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
49 min ago