Deadly shooting in Logan
LOGAN - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a deadly shooting in Logan.
At approximately 12:53 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a call of a person shot on the 4800 block of North Franklin Street.
Upon their arrival, officers discovered a 20-year-old male shot one time in the abdomen.
Medics transported the male to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Witness told police the 20-year-old was sitting on the steps of a residence when another man walked up and fired two shots at the victim, striking him once.
The 20-year-old victim was pronounced dead a short time later at the hospital.
The identity of the victim is not being released at this time pending family notification.
philadelphia, logan, shooting, local/state
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 13 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?