Deadly shooting in Logan
LOGAN - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a deadly shooting in Logan.
At approximately 12:53 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a call of a person shot on the 4800 block of North Franklin Street.
Upon their arrival, officers discovered a 20-year-old male shot one time in the abdomen.
Medics transported the male to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Witness told police the 20-year-old was sitting on the steps of a residence when another man walked up and fired two shots at the victim, striking him once.
The 20-year-old victim was pronounced dead a short time later at the hospital.
The identity of the victim is not being released at this time pending family notification.
philadelphia, logan, shooting, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 16 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 11 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 56 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 4 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 20 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
51 min ago