Deadly shooting in Logan
LOGAN - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating a deadly shooting in Logan.
At approximately 12:53 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a call of a person shot on the 4800 block of North Franklin Street.
Upon their arrival, officers discovered a 20-year-old male shot one time in the abdomen.
Medics transported the male to Albert Einstein Medical Center.
Witness told police the 20-year-old was sitting on the steps of a residence when another man walked up and fired two shots at the victim, striking him once.
The 20-year-old victim was pronounced dead a short time later at the hospital.
The identity of the victim is not being released at this time pending family notification.
philadelphia, logan, shooting, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies