2 arrested after high speed chase, crash
EDGEMOOR, Del. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A high speed chase that started in Maryland late Saturday night came to an end on Interstate 495 in Edgemoor, Delaware.
Police say the incident began as an altercation in Elkton, Maryland involving a gun.
When Maryland State Police arrived to the initial scene, officials say the suspects' vehicle rammed the state police vehicle before fleeing the scene.
Maryland State Police gave chase of the vehicle onto I-95 into Delaware.
The chase went about 30 miles before coming to a grinding halt after Delaware State Police applied stop sticks causing the vehicle's tires to flatten.
The fleeing vehicle crashed and two suspects, a man and woman, were apprehended.
A third male fled on foot into the marshes and is being sought by state police.
delaware, maryland, police chase, accident, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 6 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 2 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
6 min ago