2 arrested after high speed chase, crash
EDGEMOOR, Del. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A high speed chase that started in Maryland late Saturday night came to an end on Interstate 495 in Edgemoor, Delaware.
Police say the incident began as an altercation in Elkton, Maryland involving a gun.
When Maryland State Police arrived to the initial scene, officials say the suspects' vehicle rammed the state police vehicle before fleeing the scene.
Maryland State Police gave chase of the vehicle onto I-95 into Delaware.
The chase went about 30 miles before coming to a grinding halt after Delaware State Police applied stop sticks causing the vehicle's tires to flatten.
The fleeing vehicle crashed and two suspects, a man and woman, were apprehended.
A third male fled on foot into the marshes and is being sought by state police.
delaware, maryland, police chase, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ