2 arrested after high speed chase, crash
EDGEMOOR, Del. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A high speed chase that started in Maryland late Saturday night came to an end on Interstate 495 in Edgemoor, Delaware.
Police say the incident began as an altercation in Elkton, Maryland involving a gun.
When Maryland State Police arrived to the initial scene, officials say the suspects' vehicle rammed the state police vehicle before fleeing the scene.
Maryland State Police gave chase of the vehicle onto I-95 into Delaware.
The chase went about 30 miles before coming to a grinding halt after Delaware State Police applied stop sticks causing the vehicle's tires to flatten.
The fleeing vehicle crashed and two suspects, a man and woman, were apprehended.
A third male fled on foot into the marshes and is being sought by state police.
delaware, maryland, police chase, accident, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 1 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
1 min ago