Police: Man with shotgun robs Dunkin' Donuts
EAST MT. AIRY - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for an armed man who robbed a Dunkin' Donuts early Sunday morning in Germantown.
Police say shortly after 5:00 a.m. a man with his shirt over his face and armed with a shotgun entered the Dunkin' Donuts located at Washington Lane and Stenton Avenue and demanded money from the clerk.
Authorities say he then jumped from the counter and took the safe from the store before fleeing into a vehicle.
The armed male was able to make off with an undetermined amount of cash.
No injuries were reported in the heist.
Police are investigating.
philadelphia, east mount airy, robbery, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 51 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings