Penn State trustees wind up 2-day meeting
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Penn State University trustees ended a two-day meeting in State College with a lively exchange of ideas about how to repair the university's image follow the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
A presentation by the board's public-relations consultant unexpectedly sparked a discussion about using Penn State's Sept. 1 home football game against Ohio University as the vehicle for a variety of promotional gimmicks to draw attention to Penn State's athletic and academic track records.
Trustee Anthony Lubrano said the first season-opener since Penn State's troubles began will draw heavy national media coverage and provide a unique opportunity to kick off the university image-rebuilding.
New York public-relations executive Richard Edelman outlined an aggressive campaign to promote Penn State through conventional media and the Internet.
pennsylvania, penn state, local/state
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 57 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
39 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
35 min ago