Partial roof collapse at Ocean City hotel
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire officials were called for the report of a partial roof collapse at an Ocean City hotel.
It happened Sunday afternoon at the Bellview Hotel at 8th Street and Ocean Avenue.
Arriving crews found that the walls were buckling. An investigation revealed that a couple thousand gallons of water on the roof is what caused the partial collapse.
Police say several roads in the area will be closed until inspectors can evaluate the building on Monday.
No one was inside as the time as the hotel is closed for the season.
new jersey, ocean city, collapse, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 13 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire