Partial roof collapse at Ocean City hotel
OCEAN CITY, N.J. - August 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire officials were called for the report of a partial roof collapse at an Ocean City hotel.
It happened Sunday afternoon at the Bellview Hotel at 8th Street and Ocean Avenue.
Arriving crews found that the walls were buckling. An investigation revealed that a couple thousand gallons of water on the roof is what caused the partial collapse.
Police say several roads in the area will be closed until inspectors can evaluate the building on Monday.
No one was inside as the time as the hotel is closed for the season.
new jersey, ocean city, collapse, local/state
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose