1 dead in Feltonville police-involved shooting
FELTONVILLE - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man suspected of a stabbing is dead after a police-involved shooting in the Feltonville section of Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight on the 400 block of East Wyoming Avenue.
Officers arrived on the scene to find a man stabbing another man.
The suspect was told to stop but didn't. He then approached the police with the knife and one officer opened fire.
The suspect was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at the scene.
The man the suspect had stabbed was taken to the hospital with multiple wounds. He is listed in critical condition.
According to officials, the two men had been arguing at a nearby bar.
police, shooting, stabbing, feltonville, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 18 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 58 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ