Pa. priest removed after decades-old complaint
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pa. (AP) -August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania diocese has removed a priest from ministry after receiving a three-decade-old allegation of sexual misconduct involving minors.
The Altoona-Johnstown Diocese says it has placed the 63-year-old priest on leave from his post at the Saint Catherine of Siena Parish in Mount Union.
The diocese says it received the complaint on Friday and forwarded information to the Cambria County district attorney's office.
The priest has been moved from the parish and will have no contact with children.
Bishop Mark Bartchak says he's praying for the alleged victims.
children, child abuse, pennsylvania, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos