Pa. priest removed after decades-old complaint
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pa. (AP) -August 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania diocese has removed a priest from ministry after receiving a three-decade-old allegation of sexual misconduct involving minors.
The Altoona-Johnstown Diocese says it has placed the 63-year-old priest on leave from his post at the Saint Catherine of Siena Parish in Mount Union.
The diocese says it received the complaint on Friday and forwarded information to the Cambria County district attorney's office.
The priest has been moved from the parish and will have no contact with children.
Bishop Mark Bartchak says he's praying for the alleged victims.
children, child abuse, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 58 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
57 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
58 min ago