New Jersey child drowns in Myrtle Beach
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old boy from New Jersey has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Myrtle Beach.
The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that Horry County Deputy Coroner Chris Burroughs identified the victim as Cedric Brown of Newark, N.J. It happened about 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Burroughs said that the victim, his mom, stepfather and other relatives were in the area for a family reunion.
Burroughs said there were other people in the pool, including several family members.
drowning, new jersey, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 1 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 1 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 1 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
1 min ago