New Jersey child drowns in Myrtle Beach
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old boy from New Jersey has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Myrtle Beach.
The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that Horry County Deputy Coroner Chris Burroughs identified the victim as Cedric Brown of Newark, N.J. It happened about 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Burroughs said that the victim, his mom, stepfather and other relatives were in the area for a family reunion.
Burroughs said there were other people in the pool, including several family members.
drowning, new jersey, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 53 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 22 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 40 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest