New Jersey child drowns in Myrtle Beach
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) - August 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 7-year-old boy from New Jersey has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Myrtle Beach.
The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that Horry County Deputy Coroner Chris Burroughs identified the victim as Cedric Brown of Newark, N.J. It happened about 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Burroughs said that the victim, his mom, stepfather and other relatives were in the area for a family reunion.
Burroughs said there were other people in the pool, including several family members.
drowning, new jersey, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ