15 injured in DART bus, van collision
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say more than a dozen people were taken to hospitals after a van struck the back of a DART bus while it was stopped in New Castle.
Police say passengers were entering and exiting the bus on the right shoulder of New Castle Avenue southbound, at Ryan Avenue, when the accident happened about 8:30 p.m. Monday.
Authorities say 15 people were taken to hospitals for treatment of minor injuries or an evaluation.
The driver of the van, 62-year-old Earl R. Henry of New Castle, was cited for inattentive driving.
The roadway was closed for about 1 ½ hours while the crash was investigated and cleared.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 25 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 26 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos