1 dead after van hits sign in Pleasantville
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - August 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after a van slammed into a sign on Tuesday afternoon in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
The crash happened around 12:45 p.m. at the intersection of Route 9 and the Black Horse Pike.
Police say the female driver of the van ran off the road while trying to negotiate a curve and hit the sign.
A male adult passenger riding in the front was killed.
Two children were in the back of the van, including a baby in a car seat.
Those children, along with the driver, were taken to the hospital to be checked out, but investigators said they were not seriously hurt.
Police also initially reported that there were ejections from the vehicle, but surveillance video shows that a woman inside the minivan pulled her children out of the vehicle after the accident.
Police also believed this was a hit-and-run at first, but later said that was not the case.
accident, new jersey, atlantic county, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 7 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ